April 12, 2014

Seeing Baguio with Fresh Eyes: Family Getaway 2014

Because Dad has been all over the world but has never been to Baguio, we decided to take a family trip to the Summer Capital of the Philippines. (April 7-9, 2014) We are always thankful to have precious family time together. Missing our bunso though.

I've been to Baguio several times. But I have to admit, I've never really explored Baguio, save for its local restos and delicacies. I was assigned to plan our itinerary, so planned I did. I decided I wanted to get deeper into Baguio's culture. So we did. It was like re-acquainting myself with an old friend, and discovering that there was so much more I didn't know. :) Baguio, it was indeed a pleasure meeting you.


Hello Baguio! Teddy lovin' the smell of pine trees and flowers.

Food trip at Burnham Park. Green mango with chili salt and vinegar + Strawberry Taho


Dad wanted Strawberry Taho so badly. So we went hunting for Manong Magtataho, who by the way was so elusive. Finally, we found him and just like that we sipped our most coveted Strawberry Taho in under a minute. 

Baguio's all abloom in April!

Lovers in Baguio. ;p


Teddy goes tribal at Tam-awan Village and Bencab Museum. Trying hard to be a bul-ul. ;p

Teddy has a taste for the arts. Hello Mr. Bencab (and all the other local artists! Your talents are exquisite.)

Teddy and the outdoors. Strawberry picking in La Trinidad, Benguet!

It's confirmed! We're one culture savvy family.

The first-timer. It amazes me how you would always explore a new place with a wide-eyed enthusiasm. 

And for some selfies... well, not really. But this is as close as I can get. #NotASelfieFan

A taste of the Cordilleran way of life at Tam-awan Village.

Some of the art pieces that captured my eyes... and heart. :)

Baguio. It was delightful to see you again with fresh eyes.



No comments: