January 01, 2007

a resolve to press on...

"... but i press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is begind and straining toward what is ahead. I PRESS ON toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
... join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you. For as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross...
... Therefore, my brothers, you whom I love and long for, my joy and my crown, that is how you should stand firm in the Lord, dear friends."
~@~
"... let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
~Apostle Paul~
~@~
For the HEARTACHES that strengthened my FAITH.
For the DISAPPOINTMENTS that needed my GRACE.
For the FAILURES that led me to HUMILITY.
For the JOYS of serving in spite of ADVERSITIES.
For the FRIENDSHIPS that remain TRUE.
For the DREAMS that refuse to DIE.
I am THANKFUL... I am BLESSED... I PRESS ON...
... by God's abounding Grace.

No comments: