October 08, 2006

in my gethsemane

Jesus always prayed... ALWAYS. Regardless of how He felt... He always went to His Father in prayer.

It was the last hours of His life. He perfectly knew the sufferings He was about to face. "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death..." Deeply distressed, and troubled... Jesus chose to pray.

I remember the many times I felt the same... SAD, BROKEN, TROUBLED... those were the times I found it the hardest to be on my knees... It seemed I've lost the will to pray... to talk to God... sorrow indeed overwhelmed my soul.

Yet... Jesus prayed. In all honesty, He prayed in anguish before God to "take away the cup" of suffering from Him. In praying such, Jesus, in His humanness, was declaring His weakness before His Father. And I believe that in praying, He found the strength to submit to His Father's will... "not my will but Yours be done."

In my weakest and darkest hours... in my Gethsemane... may I always find the will to pray... just as Jesus did.

No comments: